Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Tell everybody I'm on my way, and I'm loving every step I take

As I mentioned I did apply for the Disney College Program and did accept an offer for Spring Advantage 2014 in Full Service Food and Beverage. It seems like the process has been switched up a little bit since my first time applying, all changes seem to be great improvements and quite efficient! (Four Keys anyone?). Anyways I'm going to do a quick rundown of what I experienced this time and hopefully I can keep updating like my earlier posts!

I applied the first week applications went out. While filling out my application I noticed that mostly everything was filled out from me previously filling out PI applications- this was a great touch because it made the application goes smoother for me. After completing my application, I didn't receive a "Thank you for applying" e-mail till the next day. Right after I got that e-mail though, I was sent straight to the "Phone Interview Stage". I got to skip the WBI this time around. I think this had to do with me being a seasonal cast member and also because I had recently taken the WBI in May! Alright so I set up my interview for Tuesday, September 10 at 12:30, this time around my interview time was much longer than it was for my first program. My recruiter mentioned that we would be on the phone for about 20 minutes or so, my first interview in 2011 was only like 12 minutes long. The interview consisted of the same questions from my first program but with extended questions into specific roles and lots of situation questions. I think one of the questions that stands out in my mind that I not only got asked in both dcp interviews but also in my PI "Think of a time where you had so much to do in one day that you didn't think you would be able to accomplish it all, how did you go about it?" Well it is something along those lines regardless. As always my recruiter was super personable and easy to talk to. At the end of my interview my she reminded me that I should hear back in 2-3 weeks and to check my dashboard to keep up to date with the progress. You would think being through this process already I would have had the patience to not check my dashboard 24/7 but I did anyway! After checking religiously, I received my acceptance on September 23 around 4:00. Obviously jumping up and down out of excitement, I could barely sit still in class.

Like before there were the 3 steps of accepting your offer. The first e-mail stating that you accept the role offered, the second being the program/housing fees, and the last step being your move in dates. That was all the same as before, but now the new process has to do with housing. This really doesn't apply to me because I'm going to live off-site but for everyone in the process now Disney is using a system called DORMS. This system seems like its making the housing selection soooooooo much easier and efficient. I'm so glad they figured out a better way for this. Instead of not finding out your housing assignment and roommates till check in day (where usually participants stand outside in a long line at vista waiting for the gates to open at the break of dawn (literally)) you now sign up on the DORMS website for housing 10 days before check in. I'm not too sure of the details but from what I've read is that you pick your roommates and desired housing on that site, and you are placed in an apartment. On check in day you can arrive any time in the allowed time frame and you'll have your keys and everything else waiting for you! Seems super easy to me, I like it! I think move in day is going to a lot more relaxed for people and less stressful. Now all you have to do it seems like is check in and pick up your keys, then head over to casting for paperwork, and after that you'll get to move in. If you'd like a run down of how it was during my first program I should have described it in earlier posts!

So now we wait, again. Move in day is January 20! But as of now I'm looking forward to November first because that is when acceptances for Professional Internships Alumni Only are supposed to start coming out. Super exciting process and I wouldn't want this time in my life to be with any other company!

FAITH TRUST AND PIXIE DUST

No comments:

Post a Comment